In recent years, there has been a shift in design trends towards minimalism. This new minimalism is characterized by simple forms and cutting-edge materials. This trend is evident in everything from architecture to fashion to furniture design. One of the key benefits of this new minimalism is that it allows homeowners to declutter their homes and lives. By embracing simplicity, we can create more calm and peace in our day-to-day lives. In this blog post, we'll explore some of the ways you can bring the new minimalism into your home.
Tips for Embracing the New Minimalism in Your Home
- Declutter your space. One of the simplest ways to embrace the new minimalism is to declutter your home. Get rid of anything you don't absolutely love or need. This can be a daunting task, but it's worth it! Not only will you have more space, but you'll also feel lighter and freer.
- Invest in high-quality, multifunctional pieces. Another way to embrace the new minimalism is to invest in high-quality pieces that serve multiple purposes. For example, instead of having a separate coffee table and end table, get one piece that can do both jobs. Not only will you save money, but you'll also save space.
- Go for a monochromatic look. A great way to create a sense of calm in your home is to go for a monochromatic look. This means sticking to one or two colors throughout your space. Not only does this look modern and sleek, but it also feels peaceful and calming.
- Let in natural light. One of the best ways to make any space feel more open and airy is to let in as much natural light as possible. This means opening up your curtains and blinds during the day and avoiding harsh overhead lighting whenever possible.
- Stick to clean lines and simple shapes . When choosing furniture and decor for your home, stick to clean lines and simple shapes . Avoid anything too fussy or complicated . Instead , opt for pieces that are sleek and modern .
- Add some greenery . One final tip for embracing the new minimalism in your home is to add some greenery . Plants help purify the air and add a pop of color without being too overwhelming . They're also relatively low-maintenance, which is perfect for busy people.
We hope these tips have inspired you to bring the new minimalism into your home! Remember, the key is to declutter your space, invest in high-quality pieces, go for a monochromatic look, let in natural light, stick to clean lines and simple shapes ,and add some greenery . By following these tips , you'll be well on your way to creating a calm and serene oasis in your home .
Want to hear more?
Modal Architecture is a local architectural design firm specialising in high performance, sustainable, and lifestyle homes around New Zealand. If you want to find out more - get in touch below to discuss this article or your upcoming project.